- 22/06/2017 at 1:10 pm #8757
- Istanbul New Year's Eve Party Cruise on the Bosphorus From: 89.00€
- 3 Days Ephesus, Pergamon and Pamukkale Tour Package Ask Price
- Istanbul and Cappadocia Tour - 7 Days Ask Price
- Best of Turkey Package Tour - 8 Days Ask Price
- Istanbul Tour Without Accommodation - 2 Days From: 99.00€
- Cappadocia Tour From Nevsehir Airport - 2 Days 214.00€
- Antalya and Cappadocia Tour Package - 4 Days Ask Price
- Cappadocia Tour From Istanbul Including Balloon Flight - 3 Days Ask Price
- Ephesus Tour From Kusadasi and Selcuk From: 59.00€
- Cappadocia Tour From Istanbul by Bus - 1 Day Cappadocia Trip From: 189.00€
Ebru Art in Istanbul
If you decide to travel to Istanbul and do not believe that the all-inclusive city tours are worthwhile, discovering the hidden treasures of Istanbul can prove to be quite a magical chapter in your vacation.
Sometimes it takes more than just visiting the mosques or the museums or the markets to feel the real vibe of a foreign country and particularly, of a different culture. Therefore, finding out about one of the oldest Turkish decorative arts, Ebru or marbling can be just what you need – a challenge for the body and mind.
Briefly, this means using water mixed with gelatinous preparations placed in a tray and color paints to spray on it and combine with the help of sticks, thus creating a painting. When the sketch is done, a piece of thin cardboard is placed on top and the drawing is transferred onto it; the painting can be left to dry and then used for decoration purposes.
Keep in mind that this art requires a lot of patience, but you can be sure that nobody will copy your Ebru creation given the matchless blending of colors while on the water. More, engaging in such an activity brings peace of mind and relieves stress.
Nevertheless, a short description of such a complex and uncommon art cannot equal the experience in itself. For that reason, we invite you to participate in the daily Ebru Workshop together with your family and friends. You will discover the ancient arts of the Ottoman Empire and sink in history while making decorative items (such as paintings, photo frames, invitations, lampshades, bookmarks, and many others) for your house or for your friends back home. The drawings, the shapes, the patterns, the combinations are infinite. Just put your imagination to work and enjoy mixing colors.
Ebru. Because going to Istanbul and visiting just the Blue Mosque is not enough anymore.[[[["field11","equal_to","Yes"]],[["show_fields","field12"]],"and"],[[["field12","equal_to","1"]],[["show_fields","field16"]],"and"],[[["field12","equal_to","2"]],[["show_fields","field16,field17"]],"and"],[[["field12","equal_to","3"]],[["show_fields","field16,field17,field20"]],"and"],[[["field12","equal_to","4"]],[["show_fields","field16,field17,field20,field18"]],"and"],[[["field12","equal_to","5"]],[["show_fields","field16,field17,field20,field18,field19"]],"and"]]1 Step 1PreviousNext
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.